• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-60 Continuous Damper Issues

Looking for some advice.

It seems that about once a month I lose a nozzle color in test print, and I have to always change the damper to fix it. It is random colors but black is a lot more than the other colors. It seems there may be something else going on to have to replace dampers so often. Any ideas?

LiqueColor

What ink are you using? OEM or aftermarket? Dampners are normally have a 2 year life span. A micro crack in the head manifold can let air in and cause nozzle drop out. If you only have 1 or 2 nozzles drop out you are at risk of damaging the head manifold every time you change the dampner. Ink, over time, will make the plastic brittle and make it more prone to cracking over time.

Neil

Why do you assume it's the damper?
It's more likely the cap top or something preventing a good cleaning action.

DDJF

I have a Minaki CJV30-130 print head i just installed, now it will not accept the ink. Done many ink fills and cleanings but no go, any ideas?