• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30 and Flexi?

dirttoo

I have a new CJV30-100 that I am trying to figure out how to use with FlexiPro 10 instead if Rasterlink. Has anyone else used this combo? I am having trouble with banding on wider prints. I am printing 27" wide race car sides and the banding looks like lighter thinner lines running full width. I have tried many profiles and they all vary a little bit but still have the banding. I spent hours with the tech guy and he is stumped. He suggests using Rasterlink so we tried design in Flexi, rip in Rasterlink but then I can't cut because he said I need Illustrator or Corel. Is it really that complicated? I just would like to use Flexi for all of it. Can anybody help? Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like you just need to do a print feed adjustment. Here is what you do:
>Function>Setup>Choose Media Type (1,2,3 or 4)>Media Comp>Print

It will print out 2 black stripes. Look between the black strips. It should have no gap or overlap and look like it is one big stripe. The screen will have a number on it. If there is a gap you want to make the number lower if it has an overlap you want to make the number higher. Start by moving the number by an increment of 20 then do another print. Adjust accordingly.

Ponto

...re: print feed adjustment........you'd think that the "tech" would have figured that one out!!!!!... and yeah I use that combination but not by choice,........it makes every day an adventure....

JP

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Get an i1 and make your own profiles instead of using canned profiles not optimised for your enviorment. This will give the best results.

dirttoo

Ok, We did that, He called it media comp adjustment. It did have a gap about .030-.040 thick. We ajusted it to where it has no gap at one end but has slight gap at the other end. Then we moved on...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If there is a gap at one end and no gap on the other, the head slant alignment is off. This is a physical alignment of the head with the platen. A lot of installers will forget to do this alignment and it will cause banding no matter what you do. Profiles will not fix this problem as it is a physical misalignment rather than color related.

dirttoo

If there is a gap at one end and no gap on the other, the head slant alignment is off. This is a physical alignment of the head with the platen. A lot of installers will forget to do this alignment and it will cause banding no matter what you do. Profiles will not fix this problem as it is a physical misalignment rather than color related.

Is this something I can do myself?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is possible. If the machine is new you should have a warranty and the dealer should send a tech out there to do it. Some dealers do not offer labor in the warranty which might be your case. The person who installed your printer should have checked that alignment to begin with so you might be able to get them out there to finish the install up.