• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki Cjv30 Error 170 Print Head Lock

mudstangs

Hi,

I looked around the forums, have done searches and can't come up with any posts that help. I have a Mimaki CJV30-160. Recently it has occasionally started to throw an error that says Error 170 Print Head Lock on the LCD. In the book it says the cause is "Since the print head could not be fixed at the waiting position, the coupler switching was disabled." For a solution, the book says "Turn off the power supply and wait for a while. Then turn on the power. If this message is displayed again, contact our service office or selling office."

The only thing I could find when searching for this issue was to clean the encoder strip and sensor. I have tried this several times and I am still getting the same issue. I should mention that the problem is fairly intermittent. I can turn the printer off for about a half hour and the problem will go a way for a while and come back. If I turn the printer off, wait about 5 or 10 minutes and turn it on, the problem comes back right away.

Has anyone ran into this problem before, and if so what did you do to resolve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Toby

Hi,

I looked around the forums, have done searches and can't come up with any posts that help. I have a Mimaki CJV30-160. Recently it has occasionally started to throw an error that says Error 170 Print Head Lock on the LCD. In the book it says the cause is "Since the print head could not be fixed at the waiting position, the coupler switching was disabled." For a solution, the book says "Turn off the power supply and wait for a while. Then turn on the power. If this message is displayed again, contact our service office or selling office."

The only thing I could find when searching for this issue was to clean the encoder strip and sensor. I have tried this several times and I am still getting the same issue. I should mention that the problem is fairly intermittent. I can turn the printer off for about a half hour and the problem will go a way for a while and come back. If I turn the printer off, wait about 5 or 10 minutes and turn it on, the problem comes back right away.

Has anyone ran into this problem before, and if so what did you do to resolve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Did you figure out how to correct this error? My cjv 30 started giving this error message today

mudstangs

Did you figure out how to correct this error? My cjv 30 started giving this error message today

Hey Toby,

I'm not quite sure as mine seems to do it intermittently. What I did do was get a really good high quality cloth that wouldn't leave fuzzies behind (like a microfiber), and cleaned off the encoder strip with alcohol. I also took the plastic cover off that covers the printhead and dampers. With the printer off, you can gently move the printhead to the left and look in behind the dampers on the right side and you will see the sensor that sits close to the encoder strip. I took a can of air and blew off the sensor really well. I left the printer off for an hour or more and it has been fine ever since. I had to do this a few times, and the last time I did it I made sure to blow off the sensor really well and a "fuzzy" or more like a hair shot out this last time. That may have been the issue. I will let you know if I experience any more issues or if this solved the issue. Give this a try and let me know the results. I think I found something about someone else cleaning the encoder strip and sensor somewhere on the internet when they had this sort of problem. Not sure if it was a Mimaki or even where I found it, but it seemed to help. Oh, and when I shut off the printer, I also unplugged the cord as well. Don't let it sit too long as the head could dry out, as you may already know, but an hour or 2 shouldn't hurt. Good luck and stay in touch and let me know what you find out, as I will do the same.

Dan

Hamster

Try power on the machine in servise mode (push buttom "function"+"remote" then "power")
Go to function -> #parametr->CLKAJST set value "0"

Thorsten

Lichtfieber e.K. / Germany
Try power on the machine in servise mode (push buttom "function"+"remote" then "power")
Go to function -> #parametr->CLKAJST set value "0"
Hello Hamster, my CJV30 giving the same error since 4 Days. I try to find the function ---- #parametr->CLKAJST-- in the menu but i cant found it :-(

Greetings from Germany

Thorsten

spyder1k

Hello Hamster, my CJV30 giving the same error since 4 Days. I try to find the function ---- #parametr->CLKAJST-- in the menu but i cant found it :-(

Greetings from Germany

Thorsten

Hello all!
I had the same issue pop up and after chamging encoder strip, encoder reader and calling tech support a few times, we had a eureka moment!

At the printers home position, there is a solenoid activated “hook” that locks the head in its home position so the cutter head can be released. Mine was caked up with gooey ink, so the hook took longer than normal to lock the head into place.
E laquer thinner soaked swab, and gentle rubbing cleaned it right up. Now the hook jumps back into place and error is solved!!!!! I hope this helps, since we couldn’t find anything online either!