• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki cjv30 routine - sleep clean

vivi0512

in france !
Hello guys, i ve a question,

i repair recently ( since 7 days only ) a cjv30-100 with new print head and new ink pump capping station etc...

It s working well now, but i ve set in the routine maintenance :
clean head every 6h ( only for test ) and turn off the printer with the green power button ( on the front )

the green is flashing very very slow ( like if printer is in standby mode / sleep mode )

and the printer never turns on to do the routine maintenance is that normal ?

or maybe i don't understand well the process, i wonder if printer need to be always on to do the maintenance routine ? ( please don't tell me that my desktop is very close to the printer, i m gonna have an headache if i heard the printer all day. =)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The way you set it up is correct. It should be turning on every 6 hours and running a cleaning cycle. Which menu did you set the cleaning setting in?

vivi0512

in france !
I ve tuned on the printer, i set a media etc etc ...

I have LOCAL.1 [#1] written on the screen ( and also the media width )

and i ve set all he settings in ROUTINE SETUP and not SLEEP SETUP , oh my god such a noob .... i think it is the problem no ? i must set it in SLEEP SETUP and not ROUTINE SETUP ?

-------
By the way, what is the "refresh interval" ? what it does ?

I ve set a cleaning each 8h and a pump wash tube each 24h, is that ok ? ( i m using the printer each 48h, it is not the best frequency of use, i know they prefer to be used every day. but my business, is not as big ! )

Thank you for your future answer !

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You got it. Setup the sleep setting and it should be good to go. Refresh interval uses less ink so some people prefer setting that up instead of the cleanings. Instead of pulling ink through the head like a cleaning cycle does, it fires the nozzles a few times and the pump sucks up the remains. So you might setup the refresh for every 8 hours and the cleaning for every 24 hours to save on ink waste.

vivi0512

in france !
ok and if my priority is not to save ink ? ( i have a CISS for solvent ink with ARC Chips )

Can i set shorter maintenance routine, like refresh every 4h and clean every 12h ?

thank you for your advices

vivi0512

in france !
yes i understand but the printhead cost me 1400$ so i prefer use 100$ or 150$ of ink in a year to preserve it, it is better than have the printhead clogged.

It is like a phobia for me to have the printhead clogged:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Keep the cap top and wiper clean and check the bottom of the had for ink build up once a month and you should be fine. As long as the cap top seals with the head and the pump can pull ink down, the head should last 3 - 5 years. I have seen heads last 10 years in some cases.