Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mimaki CJV300-160 print quality poor

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Bensignman, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Bensignman

Bensignman New Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Maitland South australia
    Hi all, I’ve recently had trouble with the print quality in my Mimaki CJV300-160. Machine is 14 months old. It has printed fine and now looks like there are colours dropping out here and there. All test prints are perfect, ie tried different types of media, files, And new inks. Nothing is helping. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    1/check head alignment
    2/print CMYK blocks, see what colors are affected
    3/take off the cover from the carriage and check if dumpers have enough ink in them
    4/print something with heavy coverage and see it ink tubes have air in them
    5/print unidir - see if that solves the problem

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bensignman

Bensignman New Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Maitland South australia
    Hi thanks for your response, head alignment is perfect, CMYK blocks are as photo attached shows. I’ve printed this several times and sometimes it will nearly all be ok then others it starts fine then drops out and then comes better etc etc. Printing undirectional doesn’t change anything either. I have spoken to a tech today but he’s not sure when he can get to me as I’m a few hours drive away but it has him stumped also. Even when it appears to drop out I can do a test print straight away and all heads/ nozzles still print perfectly.

Attached Files:

4. SignQuest Canada

SignQuest Canada Merchant Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Burgessville, Ontario
    Just a thought... wondering if it may be heater issues. You may want to try doing a little testing up and down with the degrees. Or, they may not be going on and off properly.

5. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    It cannot be ink starvation since unidirectional should give plenty of time for the ink to get to the head but as far as I can see only blue and magenta is affected which is on one head (if my memory serves my well). Looking forward to see what the technician says.

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Try doing an air purge on the bulk system. Over time air can get in and cause pressure issues. I believe they want you to air purge once per year if I remember correctly.

7. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    Hi, was this issue solved?