• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cleaning kit question

livoniasigns

We do you all get your Cleaning Kits from.
Advantage and Grimco are the same price around 50.00
Do you know anyone who's cheeper.

Seems like a lot of money for 200 ml of cleaning solution a pair of crappy gloves and swabs.
I use to be able to get the solution alone but I cant find anyone who sells just that.

ChicagoGraphics

Wanna buy cheaper, buy 1 cleaning cart.,break it open pour into a bottle, and buy a box of Q-tips......
Whats the gloves for anyways?

gabagoo

No point in being cheap about the cleaning kits, afterall I would rather spend the money on the kit than a new head. Secondly the kits come with the useless q-tips, I am not sure why Mimaki actually gives you those as they are horrible. I bought a pack of 500 foam swabs...sure they cost about $200.00 but they will last 2 years. Never use store bought personal q-tips as they are wrapped looser and the fibres come off on your heads causing who knows what horrible printing. The gloves actually aren't that bad, they can last a long time. I bought a box of disposable vinyl gloves and they last about 2 cleanings then the solvent basically breaks off the fingertips when you take them off. Does the cleaning cart actually have the exact same liquid in the cartridgethats in the cleaning kit?

livoniasigns

Im just wondering if theres someone else out there that sells them besides grimco and advantage. And without the q-crap things and gloves.

livoniasigns

Thanks but I dont need the swabs or gloves. I use the foam ones and have special gloves here. Just interested in the liquid.

gabagoo

I bought 10 bottles from Advantage about a year ago when they sold them individually for $10. I grabbed all I could as they were being forced to have to sell the entire kit by Mimaki, so I don't think you can buy the solvent by itself anymore

ChicagoGraphics

I didnt think people used the gloves to clean printers. The solvent used for the cleaning is so mild compared to what I use to clean screens with.

If your paying $200.00 for 500 foam swabs, your paying to much.
I will look for the website I order my foam swabs from, will get 4 times that amount for that price.

eforer

same as thewood. ITNH has it for a little less. We only use foam swabs, and lint free surgical crepes for cleaning printers. We get them from Ames supply company. The Q-Tip like swabs are a recipe for nozzle drop out as they are lint masters. I also use some smaller, cheapie solvent fast foam swabs to clean the edges of the caps to get the gunky build up off of them.

ColesCreations

The price for cleaning solvent is a ripoff!
Never mind that it is just a few $'s a day, but it compares to paying $20 for a beer... It's just solvent, which mimaki buys at maybe $10 / gallon, puts it in tiny bottles and sells for $1,000 / gal... It's a ripoff.
Where can we buy the Triangle stuff?
It's still too expensive though.

TheSnowman

I got some kind of cleaning kit from Fellers and it was a joke. Got like 5 cleaning swabs. I just get them from Advantage now. Gloves, I don't use, they are pointless...then again, nothing bad has happened yet. I do use Q-Tips, and you do have to check and make sure that fibers aren't caught on stuff...it has happened. I mainly just use it on the wiper and the capping station, and for the heads I use the ones from Mimaki