• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Clogged Head...HELP!!!!

Elaninc

We ran a test pattern and did a nozzle wash and the black is still messed up. How should we fix this problem? We are in the process of doing a 99min nozzle wash. If the problem isn't fixed is there anything else recommended?

Attachments

• IMAG1421.jpg
    IMAG1421.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 407

signswi

Overnight custody wash followed by a couple of clean cycles, if that doesn't do it you may have to take the head off and soak it for a few days. Might also just be dead. There are sonic cleaners and such but they're a hassle and not guaranteed.

WrapperX

I would nozzle wash and strong cleaning - Then retest draw If its better then the previous one do it over and over until it gets better. However if these washes and soaks aren't making it better - then you have some other issue.

ChicagoGraphics

Do a couple of 10 minute head soaks, after each soak do a test print. You want to stay away from the strong cleanings, do soft ones instead.

MikePro

Do a couple of 10 minute head soaks, after each soak do a test print. You want to stay away from the strong cleanings, do soft ones instead.
i call BS. Dozens of "soft cleanings" is just asking to cycle half your ink carts into the waste can...

Set a nozzle wash, and select 1-99min...doesn't matter. Once the heads are seated on the capping station, power down your printer (both switches) and leave it off for the night. Check again in the morning.
If you don't see improvement, you might want to try a head wash before trying to manually pushing cleaning solution through the head with a syringe, and if that doesn't work then suck it up and either buy a new head or send it in for recovery if you can manage to have your printer down for a week or so.

Elaninc

thanx you guys ill try soaking this weekend hopefully something will give,I also have another problem now the error code reads 50 media sensor, I read in the manual and it has to do the with lock pin for the media roll on the lever but I tryed it with it in and out what do i do to fix this. Lordy one after another,Big projects do like 2 days ago,thanx

artbot

is that the sensor that shows that the pinch rollers are down? if so, i think you can loop the circuit so that the printer thinks the rollers are always down. i'd ask rooster on this board if that is true. he's a mimaki guru for sure. also, if it's mechanically not working right you can yank the entire assembly out of the machine like this. this way you can life the pinch rollers any time you want and the machine will not know. drop the switch for a second and it will measure.

Attachments

• IR_switch.jpg
    IR_switch.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 316