• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Conour Cut Question?

SAS

I have a Mimaki CG 160FX Cutter, I'm contour cutting some decals on a 54" inch sheet of media. There is 9 across and 16 rows down. When I set it up in fine cut I go to register mark click roll, repeat 9 across 16 down search position first time click all 4 reg. marks and continue click on all 4.
It will cut the first 9 across fine then when it goes to the 2nd. line starts finding the reg. marks, it reads COPY SKIP, moves on to the next set of reg. marks on the next decal same thing. It will read 4 this way come back to the first one on the 2nd. line, and I get an error (ERR36 MARKDETECT) and flashes JOG & Enter or END

Has anyone ever had this problem before?
I have called Grimco's tech line but they have not call back yet.

Thanks,

eforer

Your media probably isn't loaded super straight, and when it advances it misses the crop mark. When you load the media, use the little laser guide to get it straight in the machine by adjusting the material so that if you slide the cutter head the laser dot nicks a set of crop marks on either end of the machine.

SAS

Your media probably isn't loaded super straight, and when it advances it misses the crop mark. When you load the media, use the little laser guide to get it straight in the machine by adjusting the material so that if you slide the cutter head the laser dot nicks a set of crop marks on either end of the machine.

I loaded the media so the laser is set up in the right spot on the first reg. mark joged the laser down to the other end to the last reg mark on the 9th. decal and it's dead on.

I don't know still waiting for tech support to call back.

Thanks for the reply

ChicagoGraphics

Make sure your loading your graphics into the cutter as it is on your monitor, thats the only thing I can think of why it's not cutting the way it should be.

SAS

I talked to the tech guy he said I may need more space between each reg. mark, I tried that added an inch still the same thing. So I tried more space the same 1 inch and making the reg. marks as large as I could and what do you know it worked. I'm going to print some more with the large reg. marks but put them back close together and see what happens.