• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Cutter SUCKS!

zuboltz

I have problems!

Can anyone tell me why I can not plot vinyl with a paper backer. I have just bought my CG-130FX and can plot plastic backed vinyl not problem, but paper is another story. I can not get the settings right and it weeds terrible. It does not seam to cut enough or cut through the paper or both.
can anyone tell me what settings there are using?
thanks

cptcorn

adad
Interesting. By no means do I think my Mimaki equipment sucks. The only complaints I have are the result of lack of knowledge...

Anyways, about finecut. I use that to cut all my non printed materials. How would go about setting it up to cut prints that are printed through onyx. I'm used to entering in the code, etc.

One thing I've noticed is there is a lot of drifting when the sheet size is 10'+ however, I can run 40'+ of unprinted/laminated material through there daily without a second thought. It's weird because it will be the last 5' of the print that drifts over the most... its kinda weird...

I have a print from onyx with registration marks right now... Just waiting to see what you guys suggest.

eforer

Thats not really going to be a plotter hardware problem as much as it is a blade depth/pressure adjustment. Also, are you on the right cutter strip?

zuboltz

bad cut

it is on the right strip, one question, how far out should the blade be sticking out of the holder?

TheSnowman

it is on the right strip, one question, how far out should the blade be sticking out of the holder?

Just get a piece of vinyl, and have it stick out just enough that it cuts it. If you go much more than that, it's gonna be goofy. That's just my experience.

xpress

I have had my CG-130 FX for several years and it has treated me great. The only issue that I had ever had with the plotter was trying to keep up with it myself. I agree with Rip Print Gey and Chicago Graphics. Slow your speed down on your plotter and check that blade holder. You stated that you were not using the Mimaki add on Fine Cut, so my question to you would be, How did the other program detect the reg marks and were they being printed at the same size as that the plotter was detecting. I have cut material around 15 to 20 feet with no problems. I use the fine cut 6 on my system with Adobe CS3 extended. My second question is how you are loading you material. Do you have your roll stays in front of the roll or to the rear of the roll and are you feeding the material around the back bar before loading. Final Question what height is you roll holders at. There are a number of reasons this could be happening. It is always the simple things that bring a big issue. Just make the damn thing work:doh:

Last edited:

TheSnowman

I'm using Cut Server. I've never found a good way to use FineCut except for just cutting regular vinyl, not the printed stuff. I normally don't have anything on a roll when it's being cut...cause the first thing it does is unrolls itself. I've tried adjusting the height's of the rollers too. It's not really really bad...but it's just not QUITE right.

xpress

I use cs3 and the way i perform a cut on printed image is: I design my layout in Illistrator adding the paths that I want, then I use the rectangle tool to outline the image, I go to the fine cut and click on the add regestration mark option, then the rectangle becomes the regestration, send it to the rasterlink print, then to the ploter, load the media in the ploter use the registration marks to line the media up, make sure the pinch wheels are away from the marks ( this does not include the center wheel it can be placed where needed) load as roll , after the plotter has finished loading place the red light in the center corner of the registration mark the press enter, it will detect the marks, hit enter twice and then remote, go to fine cut and hit plot rotate the image if needed so it is the same as the media in the plotter, click on the detect registration option, make sure to enter the number of copies you have printed ( media between the four registration marks being one copy) then click on plott then click on ok and wallah she will be on her way to maken you happy !!!! Hope this helps