• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Discontinuing Manufacturing Of JV33 and CJV30 Printers

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki will discontinue manufacturing the JV33, CJV30 and TX-400 printers in March 2015 to make way for their new line of printers and printer/cutters. They will continue to support these machines until 2021. Might be a good time to look into snagging one at a better price in the next few months.

You'd be out of luck as far as the JV33 goes I'm afraid... They evidently already stopped production of those (or at least import into the US). Grimco bought the last 15 or 20 and they sold out within a week or so!

Enric

I still wonder why they stop the manufacturing of jv33 series, would you happen to know the details aside from make way for their new lines.

I have a mimaki. it still works fine so I am curious.
thanks in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I still wonder why they stop the manufacturing of jv33 series, would you happen to know the details aside from make way for their new lines.

I have a mimaki. it still works fine so I am curious.
thanks in advance.

It's just Mimaki's business model. When the JV33 came out, they stopped making the JV3. When the JV3 came out, they stopped making the JV22 etc. They tend to support the older models for another 7 - 10 years before discontinuing parts and support.

dacree

I have a 66" JV33 we are trying to sell. Do you know of anyone that would be interested?
It has a new print head.