• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki fire wire connection

juan45215

I just installed a new PC. It did not have a buitin firewire so I installed a firewire card. When we loaded the rasterlaink and card it created a "RLP" port. When we connect to it the printer printer prints for about a minute and stops printing.
What port sould the mimaki be using? I tried to create an iEEE port, but rasterlink does not acknowledge it.

Robracer, I just read your post today about changing the cable. I'm going to pick one this afternoon.

artbot

when installing the firewire port, did you go through both installs during the driver. the pdf seems to be repeating itself with the instructions. but they are two specific installs for the firewire.

juan45215

I'm not sure what you mean by both installs. There is a iEEE port disk in addition to the other rasterlink disc.

juan45215

Did you download the Mimaki firewire driver too?

Mike, I did not know about a mimaki fire driver other than the one that came with the original software. I will go to their site and see what's available.
What is the name of the port that you are using?