• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Flatbed Cutters

Donny7833

Users, Merchant members and Vendors,

Does anyone have any experience with the Mimaki CF3 flatbed cutters?

I would love to have a flatbed UV in house, however, I feel that I can do just about all of my required rigid needs (and still stay fairly competitive) by printing on roll stock and applying to substrate. I've found that the biggest bottle neck in my shop is the ability to contour cut rigid stock.

My outsource is 33 miles away, and more and more, it's quite a pain to get our schedules to match. Add to that, I've turned down a bunch of work that would require rigid contour cutting with a short turn time.

I'm on a budget of about 60K. That put's the big dogs like Zund and Kongsberg out of the equation. Global Imaging has some Mimaki CF3's listed for a good price, but I can't find any info about them other than Mimaki's corporate sell info.

If anyone owns one, has seen one run, or has any insight, I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

I know Mimaki is known for making pretty good stuff (I've owned a few JV3s in my time), but a little insight would ease the decision making process.

Thanks in advance, Donny