• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MIMAKI INK and RE-Introduction!

ridewraps

I need a source for MIMAKI ink, and cleaning supplies I just bought the machine from my boss and need a little help with supplies and such thinking of going to bulk ink but need to get some jobs going first. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if he has posted some crazy stuff on here I have been in Vegas for the past week at the supercross and he tends to play with stuff while I am gone!

Thanks
R

PS I reset the date on the machine and it works great! So if the inks are new but out of date that is OK.

Thanks

GB2

Old Member
Just a reminder to you and everyone else recommending resetting the dates on the machine....the reason it works that way is so you won't use ink that is becoming too old and will clog your machine and ruin your print heads. Now, that you've reset the date you won't get any reminder and you should keep a very careful watch on the ink dates manually now.

TresL

I would use the same inks he used.
At least for awhile, no need to fight ink issues when your getting it running.

Great race, RV was on it.

YGPM

S

Stan B

SS21? I have few cartridges I rather send you than trash

ridewraps

SS2 Ink

We are using the SS2 and I was running some sample runs tonaight and the color started getting funky so I did a test print and the magenta is only printing half of the test area i think the cartridge in there is empty since I reset the dates on the machine I dont have any more magenta here so I will have to order one tomorow I guess but that won't be here until Monday is it going to kill the head?

ColesCreations

To check if the cartridge is empty, you need to weigh it. Less than 400 grams is empty on a 400cc cartridge.

The chip telling amount left still works after battery reset, but if you have screwed with using syringe to suck ink etc, the chip will not know how much ink you have consumed.

Don't worry about old ink clogging the machine, unless it's way out of date, I regularly run inks 1-2 years out of date, have never had clogged heads, except when using white ink. I'm not counting the normal clogging you get if leaving in "near end" cartridges, that can easily be fixed. I usually just shake good any cartridge that is expired before putting it in, just to be on the safe side. Also, my inks have not been stored in temperatures higher than room temperature.