• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ink recommendations?

winterk80

Just ordered a new Mimaki jfx200!

Question for you pros what inks would you suggest I start with will be doing mostly wood to start, maybe a little poster board and foam and a little metal

The way they had it at the show was

CMYK
C M clear white

How would you suggest I configure the second head? Would you run bonder in any slot?

paperstrategies

Well if you're going to be printing on non-flexible surfaces, 0% flexible ink is the way to go. Might not be a bad idea to install some Primer.

winterk80

I'm told by the sales rep 100 series ink the hard ink doesn't bond as well as the 150 series semi flexible. Is this true in your experience, if so why go with hard ink over the semi flexible? Thanks for your feedback!

paperstrategies

I have a UJF 3042fx. When we initially got the machine, we had 150 in it. The 150 was great because of the variety of substrates that we were able to print on. Like I said above, since you will be printing on hard surfaces, I'd recommend the 100. You have the option of including a primer in your special ink, or you can take the route I did and buy a $100 bottle of adhesion promoter to ensure your ink adheres properly.

EDIT: The "clear" you seen at the show you attended was most likely primer.

Ditchmiester

We have the S-100 inks and I think they are great. We have great adhesion on all kinds of substrates and we are printing on 90% hard surfaces. We are set up with CMYKPPWW. The primer does a pretty darn good job sticking to strange surfaces.