• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jf 1631 706 uv error - bulb wont even come on or dock to left side

jdwilliams1

Mimaki JF 1631 has a 706 overheat issue. We have cleaned everything and still get it. It is not because the lamp is overheating…it is not even turning on. When I push remote and it is done cleaning it goes over to the left side and then come right back to the right side after a beep. The lamp is not even trying to come on. It says Error 706 UV2.

In the past I have had plenty of UV overheats and it stops in the middle of the print but in this case it will not even dock over on the left side or attempt to turn the bulb on. Thanks for any advise.

Jay

getcustomized

Do you think it could be a blown bulb. I had an issue recently with my JF-1631 where it blew a new bulb within 15 minutes at high lamp setting cuz the airflow lacked due to a dirty screen and the fan had lots of residue in it. I shop vac'd it out, cleaned the screen. Problem solved. Now I only use lamps at standard setting.

TomZ

Loose connection

I had a loose connection on 1 of my uv boards. But mine wouldn't even clean as soon as you turned it on it went right into alarm.