• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JF 1631 Cap and Wiper alignment

jdwilliams1

Hey everyone. Seeking some guidance on a new issue this morning with our JF1631. We recently replaced the y axis motor and are having some issues with alignment on the cap and wiper. I do have the plastic cap alignment tool but the issue I am dealing with is I cannot get the head to align to both the rubber cap and also the wiper. I go through the [HASHTAG]#adjust[/HASHTAG] alignment process and do the right to left on the cap, then front to back and then height, and then when the head goes out for alignment on the wiper it is off by 3/8 of an inch, so I adjust the numbers to the wiper is aligned and the caps are then no longer aligned.

What am I doing wrong here? Hoping for an easy fix for someone that is not the most educated on these machines.

Thank you

jdwilliams1

got the alignment dial in but now the head assembly goes beyond its normal stopping point and causes media jam after every print. I just cleaned the encoder strip and no luck

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Last edited:

jdwilliams1

Any help on this would be appreciated? Why would the head keep going beyond the rubber caps after a print job and not just land over the rubber caps?