• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JF 1631 - Magenta over spray issue - 2nd try

jdwilliams1

If someone could advise me as to why I am getting magenta over spray every time I print. I have attached an image. What would cause this.

Attachments

• 20140502_085138 (Medium).jpg
    20140502_085138 (Medium).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 151

bgraphics

If someone could advise me as to why I am getting magenta over spray every time I print. I have attached an image. What would cause this.

You may want to have your machine do a thickness check and compare it to what you know the thickness is of the media. I had the same problem and realized I was printing too high. I use to print at a 2mm head gap until one day i learned the machine thought my media was .5mm thicker than it was. i then changed the head gap to 1.5mm and no more overspray.

then again, it could also be static issues. but i would lower your heads to be 1.5 or 1.6 above the media.

jdwilliams1

You may want to have your machine do a thickness check and compare it to what you know the thickness is of the media. I had the same problem and realized I was printing too high. I use to print at a 2mm head gap until one day i learned the machine thought my media was .5mm thicker than it was. i then changed the head gap to 1.5mm and no more overspray.

then again, it could also be static issues. but i would lower your heads to be 1.5 or 1.6 above the media.

Thanks Bgraphics, I lowered the head and things got better, problem is my media is not always 100% flat, better buy it flat though huh?!?

Thanks for you help

MixMaker

The flatter the better.

The dots stay cohesive for roughly 3mm.....anything more than that and you'll get blurry images, satellites, and simply put...problems.

Your issue looks like you also have a static issue. Do you have an ionizer on the machine?