• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JF-1631

Just wondering if anyone on here has this machine or even the JF-1610. We are in the market and it's come down to the JF-1631, the 1224 from Gandi, and the Arizone from Oce. Any input on the JF-1631 from someone thats running one or knows someone that is would be really appreciated.

I would not even consider any other printer other than The Gandi based on your comparison.

Both the Oce and Mimakis are toys, slow and expensive to run. As far as a Mimaki how could you make a production flatbed that has Cartridge ink?

No comparison. It's like comparing a JV3 to a Scitex or Vutek for R/R production work.

We have the Jeti 3150 which is the big brother to the 1224. The machines are real production machines.

There are a couple of guys on this site with 1224s And they all seem very pleased.

Get a real machine and you will be happy you did....

Typestries

If you have any volume at all, the Gandinnovations machine is the way to go. I'm not sure about the Mimaki as far as machine durability, but if you are going to print all day, you're gonna use a ton of those silly cartridges. Mike's right, the Gandi machines are the real deal, real industrial manufacturing machines. He and I both started with the colorspan flatbeds, so we do know the difference between and entry to mid level machine and a true production machine.

In the interest of due diligence, those Mimaki "map" test prints that you have likely been shown are quite impressive. But, my gandi can do those all day long, though, at a lot faster speed. And, to be realistic, run circles around the mimaki on the vast majority of the work we produce. If you're gonna spend $150k what's another $50k to do it correctly?

I'm not bashing the mimaki at all, it is a good machine for the right fit shop.
The bigger question you need to ask is where do you want to go and what do yo want to spend. The machines you are considering all do basically the same thing, and produce basically the same quality output but at different entry points and operational/consumable costs.

You may want to contact Adam at ASI in Pennsuaken NJ (asitv.com)

They do have the Mimaki in question