• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jf1610 Yellow head issue

juki

Hi, can anyone can help me how to recover yellow head? normal cleaning hard cleaning not resolve this problem. it's dumper proble
attachment.php
m or need to replace head?

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 215

ptmiff

Hi, can anyone can help me how to recover yellow head? normal cleaning hard cleaning not resolve this problem. it's dumper proble
attachment.php
m or need to replace head?

Hi, I would give the heads a GENTLE clean with Acetone with swabs, then another hard wash then nozzle wash for an hour. I had to clean my yellow the other day and that's how I cleaned it ...

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
HI It is possible that the head has an air leak. I have had this now on more than 5 heads (CA4). What happens is the ink tube from the damper where it actually goes into the head is glued with epoxy and that glue disintergrates over time and the tube starts to break away from the head therfore letting in air. It starts off slowly with test results as you have posted and gets worse. I have actually seen the ink tube completely disconnected from the head. I did try and reglue once and it worked but only for a few weeks. Under the capping station you will find lure fittings and you can pull the ink through with a syringe on the head you are checking. When you do this listen for air.. this will confirm it or not. You could also push the syringe and see if ink appears around the side of the head. Good Luck Tekkie1

Ponto

I have a similar thread query,.... see JV33 Cyan Channel Dropouts (under Mimaki Heading)..............JP

inkjet frank

You can try a nozzle wash with the recommended cleaning solution from Mimaki. If you need high quality swabs we carry them on our website.