• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki jfx 200 ink chipping

stealey

Hi we recently purchased a mimaki jfx 200-2513. print wise everything prints and looks amazing. but we are having issues trying to cut foam pvc aka foamex. when we print and cut or even leave to harden off for a few days the edges are chipping away, only slightly on the edge but you can see it as its cutting and if you run your finger over the edge the ink comes off on your finger. were using the lus150 inks that are supposed to be more flexible. we have tried all of the mimaki profiles and even created our own profile in gmg but with the same outcome. correx and card on the other hand cut fine with no chipping. we are cutting the boards on our zund xl3000 cutter. we have had a durst and vutek flatbed with the same cutter and never had this issue.we have tried different lamp settings, cleaned with isopropyl, used the mimaki primer, tried different blades but the same outcome. is there a foam pvc prefered to others? thanks

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 264
  • 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 270
  • 1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 265

Andy D

I'm not familiar with the mimaki flatbed, but I have had issues with chipping with other printers & it
ended up being the ink... which is strange because I have always heard Mimaki inks were flexible.
You can try adjusting your UV lights or taping the edge before you cut.
I have also made the density of the print file 50% and ran it twice, that allows the bottom layer of ink to fully cure
for better adhesion.

chromira

We always avoid print/cut and cut all our boards to size when doing rigid materials like gator.
We have the JFX200-2513 using LUS-150 inks and PR200 primer.

Graphic Realm

It is the ink!! We have two jfx200’s. It started 5-8 months ago. We run a ton of ultra/gator and have for 3+ years. All of the sudden it is flaking. On styrene too. We tried different blades on our Colex with the same result. Both machines are doing it so we found the common denominator to be ink. They tell me nothing has changed but I am certain it has. Would love to hear if you find anything out.