Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mimaki jfx 200 ink chipping

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by stealey, Jan 2, 2020.

1. stealey

stealey Member

Apr 28, 2016
    MANCHESTER
    Hi we recently purchased a mimaki jfx 200-2513. print wise everything prints and looks amazing. but we are having issues trying to cut foam pvc aka foamex. when we print and cut or even leave to harden off for a few days the edges are chipping away, only slightly on the edge but you can see it as its cutting and if you run your finger over the edge the ink comes off on your finger. were using the lus150 inks that are supposed to be more flexible. we have tried all of the mimaki profiles and even created our own profile in gmg but with the same outcome. correx and card on the other hand cut fine with no chipping. we are cutting the boards on our zund xl3000 cutter. we have had a durst and vutek flatbed with the same cutter and never had this issue.we have tried different lamp settings, cleaned with isopropyl, used the mimaki primer, tried different blades but the same outcome. is there a foam pvc prefered to others? thanks

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      File size:
      2.9 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      File size:
      4 MB
      Views:
  2. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    We use the Palight Premium through Grimco. We had a JFX200 and it worked just fine for us.

3. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I'm not familiar with the mimaki flatbed, but I have had issues with chipping with other printers & it
    ended up being the ink... which is strange because I have always heard Mimaki inks were flexible.
    You can try adjusting your UV lights or taping the edge before you cut.
    I have also made the density of the print file 50% and ran it twice, that allows the bottom layer of ink to fully cure
    for better adhesion.

4. chromira

chromira Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Hawthorne, NY
    We always avoid print/cut and cut all our boards to size when doing rigid materials like gator.
    We have the JFX200-2513 using LUS-150 inks and PR200 primer.