• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 collecting fuzz or fibers from somewhere

MSSDon

We have been using our 200 for a little over a year now and have had this recurring problem with some type of fuzz/fibers collecting around the heads-mainly the left one but some on both. Most of the year it only ran about 6 hours a day but with the elction year it is running 14-16 hours each day. I find that after 8 hours I might as well stop it and clean the heads or there will be print problems. We print on coroplast 99.99% of the time and clean each sheet with 99% alcohol prior to printing. I can only see 2 avenues for the introduction of the fuzz:
1. The Flushing filters
2. The upper belt cover absorber.

Anyone else noticing this?

chromira

It sounds like you may have static electricity building up. I have the same printer and we experience this when printing on plastic materials.

Out of pure curiosity what is your head gap typically and are you firm on that while running ? Meaning you're entirely confident you're maintaining that gap from sheet to sheet? I've seen overspray do some funky things, is the fuzz a similar but lighter color than your waste ink?

MSSDon

Out of pure curiosity what is your head gap typically and are you firm on that while running ? Meaning you're entirely confident you're maintaining that gap from sheet to sheet? I've seen overspray do some funky things, is the fuzz a similar but lighter color than your waste ink?
ARE you cleaning your ionizer?
Ionizer has been cleaned. Head gap is checked every few sheets and especially when I start on a new skid of coroplast. I do generally bump it up one notch just in case I have not selected the highest point. The fuzz looks just like the fibers on the cushion the gantry belt rides on. I just started running a handheld vacuum on it when I get a break. The fuzz seems to collect on the left head way more than the right one. I am good for about 8 hours then I have to stop and do head maintenance and clean it off or I get some ink drips or steaks. The fuzz is a lighter color for sure. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Last edited:

Superior_Adam

I would say it is a static problem. Try running a humidifier. We were having problems at certain times of the year and that solved it for us. Running a lot of plastic I would just plan on cleaning around the head every so often since that won’t take up much time