• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 Printer is missing entire yellow color

nyprintasign

Hi, All: Our Mimaki Jfx200-2513 printer suddenly printed out abnormal color during printing. After doing test printing, it shows that entire yellow ink is missed (see attached image). After doing heavy clearing, a little yellow ink came out. We did something else, adjust pressure, air purge (no yellow ink discharge) without any improvement. The printer has no any error message and print-out other color are fine. We have replaced new wipe, primary filter and tube pump. The problem still exist. Appreciate it for any kind assistance!

Attachments

• test-print-102823.jpg
    test-print-102823.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 248

Smoke_Jaguar

If I remember correctly, the JFX200 has 3 Gen5 heads. Is yellow missing on all heads, or just one? If just 1, it might be a subtank issue, if all 3, clogs, ink valve or similar issues might be to blame.

micadesign

If I remember correctly, the JFX200 has 3 Gen5 heads. Is yellow missing on all heads, or just one? If just 1, it might be a subtank issue, if all 3, clogs, ink valve or similar issues might be to blame.
jfx200-2513 as only 2 gen5 heads.
but yes, he should change de subtank and/or the ink valve....

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Following this as I am having the exact same issue, but in cyan. I have done everything op has done, and even looked in the subtank after cyan has dropped out and there is still cyan ink in there. The last time something like this happened we had to get the head replaced. Is there something going on as this was only like a year ago we had it replaced?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Anytime a single channel drops like that on this model I check the air pressure system to make sure it's within spec, and then run an air purge. If that doesn't do the trick, everything mentioned above sub tanks etc.

That being said, I do see fairly often that people don't change the primary filters as often as Mimaki recommends. If your filters are over a year old or have never been changed, I would change at least the yellow ones to rule it out.

Adam Vreeke

Anytime a single channel drops like that on this model I check the air pressure system to make sure it's within spec, and then run an air purge. If that doesn't do the trick, everything mentioned above sub tanks etc.

That being said, I do see fairly often that people don't change the primary filters as often as Mimaki recommends. If your filters are over a year old or have never been changed, I would change at least the yellow ones to rule it out.
Can you please expand upon what the primary filters are please?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Can you please expand upon what the primary filters are please?
They're located in the ink supply box where most of the pumps in the machine are. They are black cylinder like parts and each channel has one for a total of 8. Looks like the picture below:

e8551e_d7f85673a8354e28931fdcb4ab84f152~mv2.png

nyprintasign

Thank you all for taking a time to reply me. Basically the printer is working fine except yellow color in last two weeks. One day the error of "supply ink: Y" showed up. After we executed the function of "Sub tank" Refill. The yellow nozzle of the test print went back to normal. But the right state only last after getting done one printing job -- yellow ink dropped off suddenly again. I guess that little of yellow ink left in subtank. We never replace subtank ourselves. Is it hard to change a new subtank?

Smoke_Jaguar

Subtanks are pretty easy, also check your solenoid valves. Check to see if the clear air lines leading to them have ink contamination.

StefanG

Thank you all for taking a time to reply me. Basically the printer is working fine except yellow color in last two weeks. One day the error of "supply ink: Y" showed up. After we executed the function of "Sub tank" Refill. The yellow nozzle of the test print went back to normal. But the right state only last after getting done one printing job -- yellow ink dropped off suddenly again. I guess that little of yellow ink left in subtank. We never replace subtank ourselves. Is it hard to change a new subtank?

Changing subtank is pretty easy like Smoke said
just start the printer and hold remote and function buttons untill you hear a beeping, so the printer will start in maintenance mode.
When its started and ready, press function - #adjust - Subtank - discharge. This way the subtanks will fully discharge all the ink in it, turn off the main switch and you are ready to swap the subtanks.
take off the inktubes and airtubes on the top, take of the subtank sensors on the front and back (4x) and unscrew the 2 plates on the sides (1 screw each), and press the levers on the bottom to take the subtank of.
Take a good look on the numbers that are on the inktubes and sensors, because you have to place them back on the right position.

put on the new subtank and re-connect everything again.
Turn the machine on again in maintenance mode. You are ask about the inksettings, confirm and refill.
After that do a airpurge and it should all be good again.

nyprintasign

Subtanks are pretty easy, also check your solenoid valves. Check to see if the clear air lines leading to them have ink contaminatioT

It looks like one parts affects from temperature of printer room. frozen weather resulted to yellow ink stop somewhere. Yesterday printer room was pretty warm or hot. Print-out yellow ink came back to normal. and also we checked the subtank and found that yellow ink is full or a right level. The subtank seems to have no issue. Someone suggests that we should replace all of circulation filters. I am not sure if this is a right direction.

boggiom72

Sorry to crash the thread...
I can't change date to my jfx 200.
I heard the new model have a block. I have a job to print today and I need to find an immediate solution.
If you have another way to extend the expiration, or you know how to change the date back please let me know.
Sorry again to be aggressive. I need to figure out today :/

Smoke_Jaguar

To change the date, disconnect the power, open the panel where the USB/LAN connects, look for the main board and remove it's clock battery for a few minutes and reassemble. Should roll clock/date back to firmware default.

dudeinthemoon

For the subtank sensors strips that detect the float magnets, might be a good idea to mark them so you don't go insane.
Much easier way to check sensor number by using magnetised screwdriver, open #test>sensor>subtank, touch the sensor with the screwdriver and you’ll see sensor number on the display

Adam Vreeke

nyprintasign did you ever get this issue resolved? If so what was the solution? I was able to get my cyan ink back, but now my black ink dropped out and nothing seems to be working. The next step for the tech is to replace the head, which I am trying to avoid if at all possible.