• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200 Headaches

FutureSigns

Hi all! Back in December 2016 we upgraded our Gerber Ion flatbed to a JFX200-2513. Ever since install it has has a supply ink error. I have to fill the white ink and black ink almost daily. Recently I notice my white ink running out at a rapid rate. The bottles were only lasting 14 days with hardly any white printing. Now the two bottles I have in from last week are almost empty. I then noticed ink overflowing out of waste tank due to the rapid ink loss. Cleaned up that mess and replaced the tank with a measuring cup overnight to get an idea of how much we are losing overnight. Nightly we averaged about 300ml of loss a night. That can't be normal!!

Anyone have similar issues? Or issues since install?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What did Mimaki say when the error popped up after install? That should have been taken care of on warranty. What did the dealer do for you when this started happening?

Ink supply errors pop up when the sub tank doesn't fill all the way. This can be a simple as a bad sub tank float sensor but it could also indicate there is a leak or clog somewhere. Yes 300ml of ink is way too much for overnight. It's possible that the white sub tank's float sensor is jammed or not working properly which is causing the machine to try to fill it up too much and wasting the ink. You might also be having a siphon problem with the maintenance station. It is rare but the fact that your waste tank overflowed is an indicator of this. If the waste tube is submerged in the waste ink, it will create a siphon and drain your ink fast. Even if it wasn't submerged, if the waste tube is partially clogged and not draining fast enough, it can create the same effect and once it starts, it doesn't stop until it's empty and the waste tank overflows. You can try flushing the waste tubes to unclog them and make sure the waste tubes are not going into the waste tank too far. I would also run an air purge to make sure everything is working properly. If the pressure system is not working correctly it could cause this issue.These machines are really hard to troubleshoot without getting my hands on it but those ideas are the ones that pop up in my head based on your description.

FutureSigns

Thanks for the reply!! Mimaki's techs worked on it. At first that wasn't the big problem Our main focus was to get the head to stop randomly unparking and readjusting. It would stay all the way up uncapped by itself. So I had to turn off the main power to the machine overnight and weekends. Once that was fixed our dealer and Mimaki have been coming out here to try and fix the ink supply error. They have changed printheads, tubing, floats and more things that I am not aware of I'm sure. It went away for only a couple months after Mimaki was here last but ultimately came back.

Here is the strange thing... If I turn off the machine using the green power button the machine leaks 300ml + ink into the waste tank. If I leave the power on and let the machine go to sleep it doesn't leak ink. What is the difference? Mimaki tech is now saying you aren't supposed to turn off the machine. LOL! Then why the heck is there a power switch and why during training was I told to shut down the machine at night that way?!?!?! It seems this Mimaki tech will tell you anything to make it the operators fault. hahaha.

New error since I stopped turning off the green switch is the machine locks up with a message that says "refreshing" Please wait". If I hit the green power button it goes away to my ink supply error. AHHHHH!!

Luckily we are still under warranty until 12/19. I wonder how many others are having similar issues though...

Last edited:

MSSDon

Thanks for the reply!! Mimaki's techs worked on it. At first that wasn't the big problem Our main focus was to get the head to stop randomly unparking and readjusting. It would stay all the way up uncapped by itself. So I had to turn off the main power to the machine overnight and weekends. Once that was fixed our dealer and Mimaki have been coming out here to try and fix the ink supply error. They have changed printheads, tubing, floats and more things that I am not aware of I'm sure. It went away for only a couple months after Mimaki was here last but ultimately came back.

Here is the strange thing... If I turn off the machine using the green power button the machine leaks 300ml + ink into the waste tank. If I leave the power on and let the machine go to sleep it doesn't leak ink. What is the difference? Mimaki tech is now saying you aren't supposed to turn off the machine. LOL! Then why the heck is there a power switch and why during training was I told to shut down the machine at night that way?!?!?! It seems this Mimaki tech will tell you anything to make it the operators fault. hahaha.

New error since I stopped turning off the green switch is the machine locks up with a message that says "refreshing" Please wait". If I hit the green power button it goes away to my ink supply error. AHHHHH!!

Luckily we are still under warranty until 12/19. I wonder how many others are having similar issues though...

Just read this thread and thought I'd chime in about our printer which has been in service about 18 months. We started getting this supply ink error on Cyan and Yellow a few months ago when we came in each morning after the machine was shut down at 4pm the day before. I run the sub tank maintenance and fill that side and the machine is fine for about 2-3 cycles of it's powering up-refreshing-etc. Then it's the same error. We have looked for leaks with no luck. We also replaced the ink bottle caps on those colors but that didn't help. Recently when printing we are getting excess ink pooling beside the wiper blade and between the wiper blade and capping station. Would love to hear if anyone has solved this problem. The machine has been great as far as printing and is still all original parts with the exception of the 4 caps that have been replaced.

MSSDon

Anyone else experience this? Only when printing. I have checked the negative pressure and it is fine.

Attachments

• image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 608

L.D

Just read this thread and thought I'd chime in about our printer which has been in service about 18 months. We started getting this supply ink error on Cyan and Yellow a few months ago when we came in each morning after the machine was shut down at 4pm the day before. I run the sub tank maintenance and fill that side and the machine is fine for about 2-3 cycles of it's powering up-refreshing-etc. Then it's the same error. We have looked for leaks with no luck. We also replaced the ink bottle caps on those colors but that didn't help. Recently when printing we are getting excess ink pooling beside the wiper blade and between the wiper blade and capping station. Would love to hear if anyone has solved this problem. The machine has been great as far as printing and is still all original parts with the exception of the 4 caps that have been replaced.

L.D

Have you tried checking or replacing the air line filters above the printhead. (On the air line going into the Subtank). If those are bad it can effect air pressure and cause leakage.

MSSDon

Have you tried checking or replacing the air line filters above the printhead. (On the air line going into the Subtank). If those are bad it can effect air pressure and cause leakage.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will do that and see what happens. I will need to order the filters first. I will let you know what happens. Thanks again!

• Agree
Reactions: L.D