• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200

Chosen23

One man shop
I now have the Mimaki jfx200 LED UV printer in my radar. anyone with experience with one of these and how was the white printing especially for backlit jobs.

Thanks in advance

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I’ve had mine for just over 4 years now and everything we print on it prints darn well. Can’t speak to the white for trans as we print on the white polycarbonate. That looks awesome btw!

Superior_Adam

We had one of the first machines when they came out. I loved the JFX200 but it was just too slow for our growing business. We needed better than 18 minutes for a 4x8 sheet using CMYK. White was pretty good but will double print speeds. Our new machine is the EFI Pro24. 4x8 sheets in 6 minutes and the white is much more opaque than the Mimaki. For the money the JFX200 is a great starter machine.

Apr World Wide

I now have the Mimaki jfx200 LED UV printer in my radar. anyone with experience with one of these and how was the white printing especially for backlit jobs.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I am FSE for Mimaki, Vutek asd HP Scitex. I've been working with JFX for couple years. Let me know if I can support you any question about technical or purchase related with this model.

Best,

Apr World Wide

No experience with white. Process color prints are high quality. It isn't a speedster though.

It's very important considerate some points,
- Peformance of the equipment (speed of printing)
- How opaque you need from the white color (some equipment has more white print heads and/or ink features for compensate it related with your production.
- What is your printer preference

Best

Chosen23

One man shop
It's very important considerate some points,
- Peformance of the equipment (speed of printing)
- How opaque you need from the white color (some equipment has more white print heads and/or ink features for compensate it related with your production.
- What is your printer preference

Best
Hi, almost everything will be reverse printed on clear plexi and huge portion of that backlit.

Chosen23

One man shop
Hi,

I am FSE for Mimaki, Vutek asd HP Scitex. I've been working with JFX for couple years. Let me know if I can support you any question about technical or purchase related with this model.

Best,
I mainly need for reverse printed graphics on clear substrates and backlighted.
Thanks Joe

DougWestwood

Hi,

Best,

Hi Chosen23!

We just bought a JFX200. Love it, especially since it replaces a roll vinyl machine! No more lam n mount!

Anyway, was trying to see if there are TIMERS on this machine, to shut off the vacuum after printing, and to wake the machine up in the AM before I arrive.
Would like to set these myself. Manual has zero info. Lil help?
Thanks!
- Doug

DougWestwood

Hi Chosen23!

We just bought a JFX200. Love it, especially since it replaces a roll vinyl machine! No more lam n mount!

Anyway, was trying to see if there are TIMERS on this machine, to shut off the vacuum after printing, and to wake the machine up in the AM before I arrive.
Would like to set these myself. Manual has zero info. Lil help?
Thanks!
- Doug

FYI, message from Mimaki service says THERE ARE NO TIMERS FOR EITHER VACUUM OR WAKE-UP for the JFX200.
So you have to MANUALLY turn off the vacuum after each print, and cannot set the "morning boot" to happen before you arrive.
OCE had BOTH these features YEARS AGO.

Come on, Mimaki! You can do it!!