Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki JV 150 CMYK Lc Lm Lk Or

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by BoboB79, Dec 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BoboB79

BoboB79 New Member

Dec 18, 2020
    Houston
    Hi everybody!
    Is anyone here printing on Mimaki using 8 colors (CMYK Lc Lm Lk Or) scheme?
    Are you able to print vibrant orange Pantone 021C, the same as on Epson SC s80610? What about the rest of the colors, does Pantone 802C come out bright?
    Mimaki claims a print speed of 3.6 square meters per hour in bi-directional.
    But is it possible to get good quality print in bi-directional, given that the printer has only one printhead?
    I mean that when the printhead moves backward, the ink will spray in the reverse order causing uneven color

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Pretty much all the printers on market today use BiDir and it's not a problem. Especially with just one printhead it's very easily configured.
    Imagine you have 9 printheads and you need to match all of them. And even that will have perfectly good output with BiDir.
    Epson is probably just the same or do they actually market uni speeds? Numbers go so low that it would be stupid.

3. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    I wasn't aware some printers don't print bidirectional.
    But you should be fine if its equipped with orange ink.

I would suggest to get some samples from mimaki or the reseller. they should be able to provide you with something to look at.