• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV-160 SP, Damper Replacement

stevenjowens

hahahaha...you know, i was actually considering using my mouth. I can't for the life of me find a syringe around here. The one I did find is fairly weak. Thanks for the advice, that's kinda what I figured. I'll post again when I fix this problem, thank you again for your help, and timely response!:thankyou:

In case it ever comes up: A syringe is certainly better, but in a pinch I improvised something out of tubing and the pump part of a spray bottle.

I went to a hardware store, got a regular spray bottle (unused... don't want to take chances with odd chemicals) and took the pump/handle part out. It has a stiff plastic tube that goes down to the bottom of the bottle. Added an adaptor and 6" of plastic hose, and another adaptor to connect the plastic hose to the ink line.

It worked reasonably well, but I had to pump several times to build up enough vaccum to draw the ink into the line. A syringe gives much better control.