• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV-2 Spot Color

ONYX-BERLIN

Hi, I hope maybe someone may be able to help me with this.

After a lot of work and money I now got my Mimaki JV-2 up and running, created my own Profile with a Eye-One Photospectrometer and Flexi 8.6

I now would love to use the option the printer provides to use a seventh (Spot)Color (Metallic silver),

Does anybody have experience in this how to set it up? I very much appreciate every input in this.

artbot

i'd go unconventional because the silver is going to be difficult to work with. you'll need two carts to run the single channel. one will be mounted on the side of your printer and you will empty the silver oem cart into this clear refillable. the other will be another clear refillable with butyl carbitol or cleaning solution in it. the auxilliary cart will not usually have a damper going to it. you will clean the line when you are done (take the end off the cart and flush the line only) the bare end of the aux' cart will just stick out at the carriage with nothing attached. this is the way i run white ink (from the black channel) while still getting dual cmyk speed on a normal day.

run cleaning solution to that channel most of the time, when you have a silver job. fill the line put on a fresh damper and run silver. batch your silver jobs the best you can. when done, immediately get the silver out of the head. it will settle in your line and manifold and ruin the head over time.

ONYX-BERLIN

Dear Artbot, thank you very much for your reply.

Let's see if I got this right.

One cartridge silver for printing and one cartridge with cleaning solution.

The silver cartridge is put in slot 1 where the ink line goes straight to the 3 (Single Color) Print Head.

After using the silver i put the cleaning cartridge in slot 1 and flush the line and this line will be detached at the head and connected to a waste cartridge?

ONYX-BERLIN

also, would you maybe know how to set up the file if i want e.g. to print blue metallic? The softwares I use are Photoshop, Illustrator. Then how would i use this file in Flexi 8.6?

ONYX-BERLIN

I did some research and the people of Flexi told me that Flexi can't print silver on the Mimaki JV-2.

I wrote to Forum Member but unfortunately he didn't answer. Maybe somebody else can help me with some information.

What Software can I use? Somebody told me Photoprint. Or maybe just use the original Software that came with the printer back in the days. Does anyone know the name of the software that came with the printer?

How do you set up the file to print e.g. Metallic Blue? I very very much appreciate your answer and your time and send you best regards

artbot

no. the silver cart is not installed. it sits on a shelf outside the printer with an individual line going to it. you want to be able to shake and observe the cart and pull the line from the back of the cart and sit that line in a cup of solvent to blast the line clean. i can take pics of my set up if you like.

the cleaning cart goes in the printer's slot.

ONYX-BERLIN

Thank you Artbot, now I got it. It would be great if you could find the time to take a couple of pics.

What software do you use Artbot?