• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv-900

maskman

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about this printer . I know it is a Pigment uv ink but thats about it . I do alot of short term outdoor and Indoor projects and if I do decals I would be laminating them .

Before I go out and spend the money, we were interested in opinions . We had a Mutoh Rockhopper Jr that was nothing but a PIA and I only have about $2k to spend ...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
MM

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You realize that the JV-900 is bordering on being considered an actual antique right? Those are from 1997..... I'd think any inkjet printer that old is going to be a pia and good luck getting it to work with any modern software or finding any sort or drivers or support. I'm afraid that with your budget though, you and not going to get much regardless. Someone is selling a much newer Mimaki JV3 solvent printer on here for 2k that is working though. While still a pretty old machine (the JV3 came out in around 2003) they are still pretty widely used but..... they are getting cheaper by the day and realistically are not going to have parts available for them forever either.

maskman

I was wondering why i was having trouble finding Ink Carts for it ,lol. I already spoke with him and its a great deal but due to health reasons I cant have a solvent printer . I was lucky that the Eco-solvent didnt bother anyone ,lol.

Thanks that answers that question ,lol
Thanks