• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV150-160 Weird Banding Issue

SignCountryBill

We have 2 JV150-160 Printers and one of them, the older of the two, has started having issues with a faint banding. We've tried everything that I know of to fix it and have had no luck. I've played with the feed comp, head height, heat. All with little to no change. We've tried it on IJ180CV-3 and MC-10, and IJ35. All with the same issue. I'v'e cleaned everything I know of. I'm really stumped as to what this could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a tech guy coming, but he's a week or two out and pricey, so any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180420_094327.jpg
    20180420_094327.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 927
  • 20180420_102027.jpg
    20180420_102027.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 629
  • DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 468
  • DSC01430.JPG
    DSC01430.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 531

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When was the last time you changed your dampers? If they are the originals, you should replace them as they wear out over time and the filters clog which causes poor ink flow and will cause intermittent banding like you are getting. If they are fresh dampers the next thing to look at would be to make sure the head is not hitting anything while in motion. If it even slightly hits the wiper or the media edge holders it will drop out like that. After that just make sure all of the maintenance parts a as clean as can be and the bottom of the head doesn't have a ton of ink build up on it. If that all works out, you may have a feed motor issue. Load some material and then push the down button to feed it through. Listen carefully. If you hear a thumping noise and/or see the media skip forward every once in a while instead of a nice smooth feed, the feed motor needs to be looked at. If you rule out the motor and other ideas above, I would start to suspect bad ink, or possible a bad print head.

yannb

We have 2 JV150-160 Printers and one of them, the older of the two, has started having issues with a faint banding. We've tried everything that I know of to fix it and have had no luck. I've played with the feed comp, head height, heat. All with little to no change. We've tried it on IJ180CV-3 and MC-10, and IJ35. All with the same issue. I'v'e cleaned everything I know of. I'm really stumped as to what this could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a tech guy coming, but he's a week or two out and pricey, so any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Hello, I hope your banding issue was solved. If it was, what was the solution? We're experiencing the same kind of banding too.