• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV150 distance calibration

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, we're noticing that our JV150 prints 1/4" or so short over longer prints and although this is right at the edge of their accuracy spec we're wondering if there is a feed calibration to help correct this. I can't find a reference to this anywhere (besides a general adjustment for banding). Does anyone know if this adjustment exists and if so what it's called? Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The print feed calibration is the only distance adjustment as far as printing goes. You can try different pinch roller settings as that can affect the feed. Also, you can get Teflon tape and apply it to the platen in strips between the vacuum holes to allow the media to slide across the platen easier. Mimaki sells the tape. Other than that, put a bleed on larger prints and that way you always have room to cut off in case it's needed.

OPENSignsInc.

What rip software are you using, rasterlink?

I run our CJV150 & JV150 with Signlab 10 and their Visual Production Manager. In one of the printer settings in the VPM program, I can adjust the scale on the feed/width to accomadate for shrinkage/expansion automatically. I just print a scale (usually just a bunch of 1" blocks 1" apart next to long prints whenever I can), and use a tape measure to make sure that it's printing accurate.

If its not I do an equation to find out what % I need to scale my job to and change it in the VPM.

Stunnar

Hi, we're noticing that our JV150 prints 1/4" or so short over longer prints and although this is right at the edge of their accuracy spec we're wondering if there is a feed calibration to help correct this. I can't find a reference to this anywhere (besides a general adjustment for banding). Does anyone know if this adjustment exists and if so what it's called? Thanks in advance!

hi, i recently bought a mimaki cjv150-130 and i have a similar problem. when i print and cut stickers, the alignment is totally off and the cut messes up the stickers, just from the get go. i would like you to show me your settings if you have it dialed in.