Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki JV150 maintenance questions

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by gabagoo, Feb 11, 2020.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Hi Guys,

I have now had my Jv150 for about 2 .5 months and absolutely love it. Coming from a JV3 I am amazed at the difference in maintenance between the two. I do have some questions though....
    I try to clean it after every day but see that it is so damn clean I really don't need to do anything. The wiper hardly has any ink on it and the capping station seems clean as a whistle too, although I do run a cotton swab around it.

I see a white foam pad to the right of the capping station and it gets ink on it but again, not a lot and wonder how I know when it needs changing?

...so happy I finally upgraded...the colours are better and the speed is great for my needs.

Tags:
  2. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I sell just the sponge. Change it when it gets gunned up. Every 6 to 12 months.

3. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I sell just the sponge. Change it when it gets gunned up. Every 6 to 12 months.

4. premiercolour

premiercolour A Mutoh, Mimaki dealer for sales and services

If you provide a photo of it, we could get you OEM part pricing. Congrats on the new printer!

5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I'm in Canada... I am slowly loading in the JetBest as the OEM run out....

6. JetPress

JetPress Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Texas
    We got one not too long ago and I like how minimal the clean up is compared to our old printer. We use foam tip swabs so we don't get pieces of cotton stuck in the machine. I clean the wiper, the slant of metal next to it and the edges of rubber part of the capping station.

• Like Like x 1
  7. premiercolour

premiercolour A Mutoh, Mimaki dealer for sales and services

Very nice. JetPressJetPress If you don't mind us to add a bit more content to his thread as a merchant member.

We have generic swabs in stock to ship from California. We can also order OEM swabs from Mimaki to ship to your business.

https://www.premiercolour.com/search?type=product&q=swab

Order by 5pm for same day shipping from S. California.