• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV160sp - Cyan Ink not pumping to head

lloyde_3

Gday all... I was wondering if anyone could help in regards to a issue with Cyan..

The Cyan Ink wont pump to the head, I have tried to syringe through but it wont hold.. goes back to the main bottle.... any suggestions ???

Thanks again

heyskull

Possible issues are:-

Dampers
or
Blocked pump
or
Head manifold (Can crack and cause an air leak)* This is the most likely one.
or even
Leaking lines (possible on an old JV3)

SC

lloyde_3

Gday all... I was wondering if anyone could help in regards to a issue with Cyan..

The Cyan Ink wont pump to the head, I have tried to syringe through but it wont hold.. goes back to the main bottle.... any suggestions ???

Thanks again

On further attempts I have found the top of the ink cartridge is popped out so its not air tight - Im guessing this would be the cause ??

lloyde_3

Possible issues are:-

Dampers
or
Blocked pump
or
Head manifold (Can crack and cause an air leak)* This is the most likely one.
or even
Leaking lines (possible on an old JV3)

SC

If it was Dampers or Manifold , wouldn't the ink stay in the line??. it seems to drain all the way to cartridge .. Thanks again

heyskull

Sometimes it can stay in the lines and sometimes it can go all the way back to the cartridge.
Also check that the cartridge has ink in it (I know this sounds like obvious but you would not believe it).
Also check the ink in the cartridge is actually exiting into the line.

If you run the pump does the line fill?

I would probably guess a dodgy damper or a cracked manifold or even the seal between manifold and damper.

SC

artbot

if you pull ink all the way to the damper, let the damper hang. the ink should stay in the line. if there's a leak at the damper (not hooked to the manifold) the ink will recede. if when pulling the ink to the damper, you are getting a steady run of bubbles to the damper along with ink. you probably have a leak at the cart or a damaged line. if when hooking up a sealed damper/line to the manifold you see the ink recede, you probably have a cracked manifold. if this is the case, place your cyan damper/line (sealed) on a different manifold nipple (different head) and see if you get the same result to isolate.