• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3 130 sl

macrotec

Hi, my name es Matias from Argentina, I need the Mimaki jv3 130 sl service manual. I need to detect some problems with the carriage.
Actually I have to raise up the carriage and I don´t know how.
:thankyou:

See you.

Karakartal

hi matias, I dont have service manual but u can easy raise uo the carriage.
Firstly, there are two screw on front side of carriage. Loose them. after that u can see, the carriage is free. Use the up and down arm on front side of carriage. u adjust the print head height. That is important thing is right and left side of carriage height must be equal. may be can use Cd for this :) Ideal head height is between 1.3mm to 1.8mm.

macrotec

Karakartal thanks for the reply, I´m trying to print leather but the heads touch the media.
I use the arm up and down but the heads still touch the media, Can I move the carriage up and down entering in the service mode?
An I have another question what these screws do?

Attachments

• 89530568.jpg
    89530568.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

Letterbox Mike

Loosen the screws, raise the head height lever to thick (actually, that's push it down), while you're holding the lever down retighten the screws. Don't tighten them freakishly tight, they're just plastic and will strip out easily, just tight enough to hold it in place. IF you don't loosen the screws, the head will not raise or lower, they are what holds it in place.

artbot

didn't the service manual sent have a machine parts explosion? also, when printing on very thick material, it is good to loosen the IR lens that sits to the left front of the carriage. just take out the small screw and let the IR sit higher in it's little holder. many times the heads clear the material only to be "tapped" by the stupid IR that sits too low. the media will read width fine.