• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3-130 sp2 Error 41 Motor Y Problem

kazaan8

Hi

I have a mimaki JV3-130 SP2 i changed the vynl and turned it on and the head shot to the middle and came up with an error message (Error 41 Motor Y) and stopped i have cleaned the bar oiled it and the strip behind the head and even changed the Y motor to a new one but still comes up with the same error has anyone else experienced this problem or has anyone any knowledge as to how i can reslove this issue would be much appreciated

Regards

APC Tech NE

This is what the manual has for this error:
ERROR41 MOTOR Y
• The Y-axis motor has been
overloaded.
• The brush of motor is in
abnormal conditions.
1)Clean the main guide axis.
2)Replace Y axis motor.
3)Replace a main PCB.
If you have eliminated the rail and y motor, I am willing to bet that you need to replace the bearings in the y-pulley on the left side of the machine. I have replaced several of these over the years. You do not need to replace the pulley, just the sealed bearings. You can pop these out of the pulley with a mallet and a wooden dowel. I have a set if you need them.

Bob

kazaan8

before i check the bearings the movement of the the head seams fine i cant hear any noises in there what so ever it seems to be running smooth the problem i get is the minute i turn the machine on before it even boots the head shoots to the middle and stops. It does not always stop at the same place sometimes further and ask me to press enter and once i press that it goes and hits the end.