• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3-130 width errors

classic12

We keep getting an intermitant error when we load a roll that is 1370 wide the priner report 1338.

Any ideas where start to trace the problem.

Cheers

SteveW

artbot

is there any shadow on the printer's platen? also, is your reader sitting flat/facing down? they are not attached very well.

incidentally, the media reader is what is responsible for head crashes, not the heads. i've taken my reader bracket off and attached the reader directly to the carriage assembly.

PDD

yes, me too. My media sensor plastic clips are broken off, seems like a bit of a hokey way of attaching something so important, with just a press fit of pastic into an oversized opening. I found that mine had 'popped up' out of the bracket.

artbot

yes it can pop out of the bracket then lean diagonally. it will still read the media, but since it is an an angle the known position is wrong compared to the head. double sided 3m tape is good for more solid stick.

as mentioned, i took mine off and now my reader is attached directly to the carriage with 3m tape so that the little bracket can't hit my media. ...which is usually a very valuable piece of finished out mahogany veneer.