• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv3-130spll yellow issues

tdvs72198

Hi Everyone,
Was looking for some advice on an issue my printer is having
mimaki jv3-130sp11
I do a test print and half of the yellow on the right side has gone out.
I have replaced so far, Head,dampers,both pumps,capping station, filters on bulk ink system in the past 2 days.
I have tried pulling the ink through the discharge hose to get all air bubbles out, once i get them out and start printing i lose half of my yellow,took the back half of the machine off to see if I saw any air bubbles coming from the connections and there are none when it drops out. I have had tech come out but he seems to be a parts changer instead of fixing it he just keeps throwing parts at it hoping things will fix it, I have a huge job coming up and need this back up and going soon.the dampers appear to be full , I see no air bubbles when the ink drops out. Any advice or help in this matter would so be appreciated. I really need to get this fixed ASAP.:thankyou:

Gabriel

Did you have a vacuum when you try to pull the air out from the yellow line? Switch dampers and see what's happening.
That's odd...

tdvs72198

When I suck the fluid I watch it go from the bulk ink tank to through the hoses into damper and out head,yellow will then print for about an inch before dropping out on the right side again. I just replaced both dampers but I will switch their places to see if the outage changes from right to left,

artbot

most likely it's the inline filter on your bulk ink line. before i go blaming the filter, swap your two yellow damper positions (7 then 8 becomes 8 then seven at the manifold) to see if you can get the issue to move to the other side of the head.

tdvs72198

so after switching the dampers and leaving the hoses attached to the original damper, Now the right head{which previously worked fine} is not printing at all and the left head is only printing a very little bit. I dont know what else it could be. We just replaced the inline filters today , the ink seems to be flowing from the great when disconnected from the tube.

artbot

typo? in your first post, it said that half of your yellow on the right side was dropping out. in the latest reply it says (which previously worked fine).

when doing a damper swap, you do not take any dampers off. leave the dampers in place and cross the lines. is that what you did?

couple things. fashion a homemade stethoscope from a PE tube or something or get a automotive stethoscope. pull some ink from the yellow drain line and listen for a high pitched hiss caused by an air leak. if you hear a hiss go above and below the head to determine which (top or bottom of the head) side the noise is coming from.

check that when popping in the new head that it is not lower or higher than the other heads.

check you capping station absorb position, flash position, and top dead center during vacuum.

paint the top of the head black with ink, park them on the capping station and look at the bottom the heads to make sure they are targeting the center of your heads.

use a small mirror and make sure the raised arm on the right side of the capping station meets the foot on the carriage centered.

during a head cleaning get very low with a flash light and shine it up towards the bottom of the heads and observe the action of the wiper. ...is it leaving ink on the bottom of the head after wiping? if so replace if possible, and over adjust the wiper height with a shim. too low a wiper height can cause your wiper to hydroplane and leave ink... i believe the mimaki manual recommends too low a wiper height.

make sure that your yellow cap is not being scrunched at an angle or being caught sideways-ish by an improper absorb position.

push down your caps to see if the yellow behaves differently. see if it seems sticky. see if it seems weaker than the others. if so you may have a capping station spring out of position. also you can take out those springs and stretch them slightly to create a bit more energy aganst the head at that cap.

do a pump tube swap at the back (switch cyan with yellow) and run a head clean. observe it you are getting better vacuum at the head after test print.

tdvs72198

I have the tech out here now and he says hes done all he can to fix it and I need to find another tech, Yes it was a typo My mistake Sorry for the confusion.Ill try some of your ideas and get back to you thanks again for the help.

artbot

outrageous. these printers are like cars. you don't take your car to the shop and say...."it's running bad" and then they just start putting in alternators and water pumps and distributors. they diagnose and then fix.

tdvs72198

Well the tech said i cant help you and left,
We have determined that there is air coming from under the capping station in the yellow tube but no air going into the head, the lines all the way up to the head are air free but when you pull air with a syringe from the discharge hose you can watch under the capping station and see alot of air bubbles, He supposedly aligned the capping station and all that, The wiper seems to be wiping the head right, I hear no obvious air leaks and have replaced all I know to replace.Including all O rings. The yellow will print about an inch and the drop out again.The yellow cap at the capping station seems to be seated correctly and tight.
Thanks again for all help.

artbot

but the final results of swapping the yellow dampers (line and damper in tact, just crossing) was what? did the issue remain at the same manifold nipple or move to the other nipple?

tdvs72198

same problem again

ok , having the same exact problem again. Yellow dropping out, We switched the dampers without taking the lines loose and the outage changes to the other side, I have replaced head and dampers,wipers. Could the manifold be bad?
Thanks Again

tcorn1965

Sounds like ink starvation and the problem is following the damper. I would look at O-Rings, as well as smashed ink lines when you replace the O-Rings.

Terry

tdvs72198

We have replaced all o rings that we can.But I do get an air bubble by the fitting close to the damper.I have a new tech on the way hopefully he can help us.
Thanks again

artbot

kinda breezed through the thread. really sorry for you man this one is probably really easy just illusive to figure out. the dampers swap. what happens with you cross the yellow lines? does the drop out move to the other side of the head? that is crucial. if it does. from the manifold down you DO NOT have a problem. if the issue follows the damper, my bet is you have something (paper, piece of neoprene, collapsed line, etc). most likely it is the supply side because from the manifold down so many issues are universal because of sharing pumps and caps, etc.

i don't care what your tech changes, says, looks at, etc. if he or you does not cross those yellow lines to opposite yellow head manifold nipples, then you should get a stack of $100's and just go flush them down the toilet. that is step #1.

lpsdonline

Hello, guys.

Don't you think it could be the ink cartridge itself? A friend of mine had a similar issue... this was a huge pain in the ***. After calling several "techs" who took weeks trying to fix it, they all left with his $$$ (they charged by the hour) and left my friend with the problem. One day he came up with the idea of replacing all the cartridges and, my goodness", that was it. Switch the cartridges and let's see what happens. Maybe your problem moves to the other side. If so, replace the cartridge.

Noel