• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160

MikePro

without any details on "doesn't work", I'm sure you'd be hard to find a solid offer.
last time it was printing 100%?
what happened when it stopped printing 100%?
what has the printer been doing since?

SameDay Signs

I'm always interested in Mimakis but as above mentioned what is wrong with it? When was it printing last? Please let me know and thanks

jaly723

Original problem was the Yellow was not laying down properly. Had a service tech come in for several days in a row and he made it worse. I believe the mother board is fried, but not 100%. I am not skilled enough to know what is exactly wrong with it. All the heads are good, and there are a lot of new parts on the printer. Including cables, dampers, etc. Last time it printed was 4 months ago. It has been left on, and I have tried my best to keep the heads cycling ink. We will include 16 ink cartridges with the printer. I purchased a new printer several months ago, so this printer is no longer in use and I just want to get it out of here.

jaly723

Jv3

If you dont know what a Mimaki JV3-160 looks like then you dont have to respond to this post. I am willing to work with anyone interested. It is 11 years old. I will send pics to a serious buyer. The slider board is brand new in it, so that is not the problem. I am looking to get between $1500-2000 for it.

MikePro

it may as well be a storage locker with some fancy piles of garbage bags and a milkcrate of comics sitting just barely in view :)

i'll bid $250, and most likely be my max. Picked-up, personally.
By the time I move it, bring it back, and diagnose.... my cost will have tripled without even a guarantee that I can recoup with a few usuable parts that I may find.

If you knew more about the printer, you'd get the $1500 (and then some) out of it by parting it out... assuming you could safetly remove and ship the parts you knew were working, and find buyers for it all. Otherwise, its really just a potential treasure to someone willing to put a lot of love into. New boards could cost thousands, heads are a thousand a pop, and ink dries and hardens within the system when not being cycled, often.