• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160S and Flexi for MAC

5starwraps

Okay guys...First post but have been reading for a long time. I have been running my Mimaki with Raster Link for the last 6 months. I use Flexi for MAC to run my Graphtec Plotter and my Summa DC3. I used to have a Mutoh that I ran through Flexi also. I have some jobs coming up that I will need to contour cut like I used to do with my Mutoh bau I have to print them on my Mimaki.

I can't get Flexi to talk to the Mimaki. I am using an InterCon print-server since Flexi for Mac doesn't support the Firewire for the Mimaki. Any thoughts on this?

smdgrfx

Just try a direct connection with a parallel cable. I've heard it works great, maybe just a bit longer to process initial data push. Others have told me that the data still can't saturate a parallel cable. But I've heard it works without any problems. I run Flexi 7.6 from PC with firewire and have no problems.