• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Mimaki JV3-160s- bidirectional printing issue

Cata

My jv3 does not print bidirectional... the settings are ok. I use Flexisign-settings are ok.
here is a movie with a test on 4pass-biderctional.
20180414_184233.mp4
:(:(:(
- same problem when i do pattern check, but only over 570 mm.

Mega818503

When i connect my jv3 250 sp .I got a message on onyxs. Couldn't start bidi operation .my i have anotber problem one o f them its 6 color and i just changed pribtheads and it prints all crazy idk what to do

Terry01

When i connect my jv3 250 sp .I got a message on onyxs. Couldn't start bidi operation .my i have anotber problem one o f them its 6 color and i just changed pribtheads and it prints all crazy idk what to do
Image of what its printing would help all that view the thread

Mega818503

Image of what its printing would help all that view the thread
Im been trying juat with this one connected but still i dont get any print. Has anyone else had this issue.
I just revived thsi machine .It reads the media well but by the time to print it doesn't go all the way . Mybe the sensor or some settings idk. I have ss2 1x6 in the rip and in the printer settings.

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_153251.jpg
    IMG_20180421_153251.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20180421_153258.jpg
    IMG_20180421_153258.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 469
  • IMG_20180421_153432.jpg
    IMG_20180421_153432.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 350
  • IMG_20180421_153436.jpg
    IMG_20180421_153436.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 260

Terry01

Mega818503
if those were the test prints,they are fine.
the bars are calibration test for media comp.they also look fine for now ..
unknown what the fine lines across are

Mega818503

I know the print test are okay but the other are suppose to be a image. A banner i was traying to make. It print till the half size of what is suppose to be be. Do u know how to calibrate it

Terry01

The program is fine. The other print work perfectly. But its 8 colors. Idk maybe something wrong with the printer
Printers only print what they are told..is the printer showing in the onyx print manager or are you using the the windows default?/

Mega818503

Yes everything is fine .I desconnected the other and still nothing . Someone told me it has something to do with the printer settings .Gotta check the service manual

Terry01

Yes everything is fine .I desconnected the other and still nothing . Someone told me it has something to do with the printer settings .Gotta check the service manual
Its not the printer settings..perhaps you should get the other person that told you it is, to assist you..

dale911

President

I suspect the onyx profile settings are causing the problem. The printer profile setting may have the ink set improperly set up and/or the substrate profile may have improper settings. If those don’t match up, you won’t get it to work right. I know for a fact on my Mimaki (cjv-150) that I can have 8 colors installed and still run it on a 4 color profile. We tried this last week when I was having the colors switched from 6-color+W to 8 color and found that the orange wouldn’t print due to the white ink clogging it. I ran it on the 8 color printer profile but printed using a 4 color substrate profile. The you will need to see if the jv3 is setup correctly. I haven’t used one but Mimaki doesn’t tend to make great strides in their software so I suspect that you can have the printer run off the panel settings or off the remote settings sent from the computer. Obviously if it is using panel settings, it will ignore anything you fix in the profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mega818503

Thanks for the help i already figured out . It was this clear strip (in the pic) was misplaced. Now it printing .but now i need some help with the profile. The color blue becomes purple or violet . Any idea for the perfet profile or where can i get the right cc profile. Mimaki doesn't support this printer anymore .thanks i realky need u ways. Thanks for reading

Cata

i have some .icc profiles for 160s, but in CMYK not in CMYKLmLc. i use ritrama,avery mpi3000 and some chinese..Sofine. if you need them i can send you a email. :).

Cata

New folder.rar
this is all i got. I use STS Inks. profiles are created with xrite 1 Pro. with the profile for bannrer(poliplan) you can print mesh in 4 or 2 pass at 360x360 dpi.
have fun! :)
oo...with big dumpers,

Mega818503

Your a life savee now the blue is blue! Lol .so the polillan is the polipropilena? Is that what u suggesed for white banner marermat? Thanks

Cata

Your a life savee now the blue is blue! Lol .so the polillan is the polipropilena? Is that what u suggesed for white banner marermat? Thanks
for white banner are -banner , frontlit, tuplan, blockout,(2 sides).
polipropilena is what we use for roll-up sistems ...they call syntethic paper or polypropylene roll.