• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160S cyan overspray

JTpro

Ive been reading multiple threads about this issue. I see static would be an issue, but like most wouldn't static effect more than just one color?

I'm running triangle bulk ink and I've noticed that since the day I bought it there was the overspray issue. I bought it used 9 months ago and have been able to combat the issue with a black outline around blue text/graphics. It's time though to address And fix the issue.

If the head is going bad should there be overspray with the test pattern print as well?

I don't fully understand the damper switch to see if the ovapray continues to another head.

Thanks

eforer

We still have an old JV3 kicking around that we use the Triangle system on. It still runs a full shift a day. I have definitely seen dampers contribute to over spray/fuzzy outlines. Is it like a haze, or is it speckly? If it is speckles of cyan it's probably badly deflecting nozzles. The good news is JV3 printheads are relatively cheap.