• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160s freezing?

Beatnik1065

Hello to all and I hope that someone can help me out with my Mimaki JV3-160s. Currently I'm running Wasatch 6.0 as my rip program on a Windows 7os. Almost daily now I will go to print and randomly the printer will stop printing and the LED display will start blinking. After this happens my only course of action it to go back to local on the printer, close Wasatch and everything else I'm working on and then I have to restart the computer and re boot the printer.

Has anyone else had this problem? I think it might be the software, but before I make the investment into a new rip program I just want to make sure it's not the printer.

The "Blinking LCD" phenomenon usually indicates that the printer's internal buffer ran out of data and it is pausing waiting for more data to fill the buffer. This usually means one of the following:

1. Firewire Cable is bad, damaged or way too long
2. Firewire Card in the Printer is bad or damaged
3. Firewire Card in the PC is bad or just does not like your JV3 (Usually cards with Texas Instruments chips work best)
4. Mimaki Firewire Driver is an old version or the Firmware on the Printer's Firewire Card is old (This firmware is separate from the main printer firmware)

Good luck!

gaqiedi

rip

If wasatch is cracked you have to change the rip. If not you should check the cable firmware if the cable is chinese you should buy one better