• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv3 160s head issue

Luke Taglienti

Hello, i'm new to this site and also new to printing, I recently bought a mimaki jv3 160s and have been learning on it ever since and been getting a small amount of work.

so whats been happening is, ever since i got the printer, the middle part of the yellow head has been clogged, just in the past few days i've been trying to unclog it with head soaks overnight and cleans.
None of this seemed to be working, and from the test print nothing has changed from that point to now..

So what i did was, i took the head off, ran some cleaning solution through the yellow nozzle on top of the print head with a syringe and a damper, i noticed that the solution was just coming out the blue nozzle then, so i attached an empty damper to the blue nozzle, held my finger over the air hole and tried push solution through the yellow nozzle (with not much force).

My problem now is that when i re-attached everything, i've lost the blue/yellow head!
when i do a test print now it seems to be not firing at all, all cables are secured, and when i try syringe ink through it does come through, so i don't think theres a blockage at all!

I've no idea what to do now, i hope i haven't completely ruined the head by my mistakes, i've probably made some stupid rookie mistakes in the process of trying to unclog the yellow..

sorry if this doesn't make sense, long and stressful day trying to solve this, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Luke

Also on another note, i think the alignment may be off, and also theres some banding that id like to see if i can solve if i can get this sorted..
I've been onto a technician about all this but just cant afford a callout at the moment, i will have to wait a few weeks.. *sigh

20180811_003128_1.jpg.html

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Hi Luke Taglienti - I've moved your thread to the correct section.
The pictures you've attached are not in the correct format. Please upload the image attachments using the "Upload a File" button and or simply linking to the correct image format, which should end in .gif, .png, .jpg, .jpeg (example: https://sitename.com/image.png). Alternatively - create a media album and link from your images there.

Thanks,

SignsSupport

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you pushed cleaning solution through the yellow channel and it came out the cyan channel, the head is dead. The channels are separated by a membrane so when you push solution through one and it comes out the other, that is broken and not repairable.

Even with a broken membrane, you should still see something print out of the head. If not, then the head is most likely electrically damaged as well. That machine is one of the last to not have a fuse protecting the heads so when 1 head goes out completely, it's either the head fried electronically or the main board has damage. Not great news to hear I know.

Terry01

Reconfigure to cmyk so you are only running one color to both channels of each head.. Check fuses..and retest.

Luke Taglienti

Thanks all for the reply and sorry for not getting back!
I recently purchased a newer printer (Roland sp540i) and also replaced the head in the mimaki..
I had a technician come out on he confirmed what yous were saying, dead head
Thanks for the replies
Luke