• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jv3-160s - Prints "walking"

Cmiller01

Printer
Hello everyone,
I have a Mimaki Jv3 160s and it is doing a few weird things. We just replaced a printhead, and all the dampers as well as a pump in the last 2 weeks. All the printheads seem to be firing fine, and I did a printhead adjust alignment and text is sharp. Now on long run items, the print seems to be "walking" and wavy to the right. It also is putting bands of color throughout the image, no matter if it is vector or raster. Any ideas? And we cleaned the encoder strip a few times, it is pretty much clean. Thanks!

WrapperX

It's always good to show an image of what you're describing if you can. This helps us visualize what your trying to describe.

MikePro

banding isnt uncommon... and from the looks of your entire history of posts, it sounds like you've had it for at least the past month and beyond.
can be fixed by tweaking temperature, running single-directional, higher-pass, and tweaking media comp. if necessary.

i won't ask for pix since you've already killed another thread of yours by being unable to post em, but please elaborate on "walking to the right".

p.s. find a way to post pictures like you see in other threads... it REALLY helps
besides... i've never seen a print "walk" before, unless you count when I wrapped my friend's kid as a tootsie-roll for halloween.

artbot

the "walking" is probably your encoder strip your your encoder reader. just a tiny speck of ink somewhere will cause it to drift strangely. i had some on mine and had to very carefully yet, aggressively remove them with a q-tip and acetone (quickly rubbing off the solvent right after applying. the encoder strip seems to be laser printed PET). the "bands" of color.... are they like perfect little rectangles that print intermittently? that can be caused by a loose data ribbon.