• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160SP, exact specs?

stevenjowens

Hi,

I bought a used mimaki JV3-160SP. This machine didn't come with docs, but I downloaded PDF operations and maintenance manuals.

I've been printing on 54" media and I'm considering doing a particular job on 60" media. JV3-160SP_Operation_Manual_V1.5.pdf says the maximum media width is 1620mm (63.78"), max printing width is 1610mm (63.39"). Okay, this should be doable.

But... this is just a PDF I found on the internet. I've seen several indications that all JV3-160SPs are not identical (ordered replacement dampers recently and had to figure out which damper size were for my printer). How can I be certain exactly what model JV3-160SP I have?

Attached is a photo of the serial number plate on the back.

Attachments

• mimaki_backplate_closeup.jpg
    mimaki_backplate_closeup.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 291

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All JV3 160SP printers will take 64" material and will print to a maximum of 63.38" give or take a couple 1/10". Mimaki did an upgrade to the dampers after the printers were released which is why you had to check what size dampers you needed. They started out with small dampers and upgraded to large. Some people converted and some didn't which is why vendors will ask what size dampers you use.

The only other JV3 160 that is different is the "S" series which used only 3 heads (yours uses 4) and was set up for 6 color configuration only.