• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki JV3-160Sp Ink Change Issue "another Mimaki Hell"

smithmotorworks

We are trying to sort out this JV3-160SP machine we have had for some time, My boss purchased it to start doing some graphics at our shop and I am stuck trying to sort it out.

I've started by checking and physically cleaning the heads, with a kit that we purchased from UScutter. Following the custody wash procedure in the manual.

We have good ink (not outdated) The 2 magenta were in need of replacement. So we ordered more SS2 Ink Cartridges from UScutter as well.

Here's the photo of the screen showing the 2 magenta cartridges, that need replacement.

I then replaced those 2 magentas and I am now stuck the screen in the other picture. "Set an ss2 ink"

It now shows the 2 magentas but all the other ink is now empty. I cannot get past this screen, I have tried rebooting, removing and reinserting cartridges. and all I get is this after the reboot. I cannot get out of this screen. The machine is frozen to it. I'm Sort of dumbfounded.

I am new to this machine and am still in the learning process. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 113
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 121

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i don't even know where to begin, here...
1. that sounds like a "yes" or "no" question the machine is asking.
reboot the machine and see if you get stuck there.
2.it is possible the machine firm ware that can be set from windows mimaki software, you need to tell the machine what inks you WILL be running.
for example:
my mimaki used to run seven colors. it runs four now. we had to go into windows and go to the "printer program" to set up that change. we then had to load all new print drivers and ICC profiles to match the number change of how many inks i downgraded to..

hope this helps..
-Mosher

smithmotorworks

i don't even know where to begin, here...
1. that sounds like a "yes" or "no" question the machine is asking.
reboot the machine and see if you get stuck there.
2.it is possible the machine firm ware that can be set from windows mimaki software, you need to tell the machine what inks you WILL be running.
for example:
my mimaki used to run seven colors. it runs four now. we had to go into windows and go to the "printer program" to set up that change. we then had to load all new print drivers and ICC profiles to match the number change of how many inks i downgraded to..

hope this helps..
-Mosher

I'm just changing Ink, I've done it before, If I reboot the machine, it ends up in the same screen. It's odd to me becasuse, it's like all the older ink cartridges disappeared. I am running a 8 cartridges 4 color SS2 setup, nothing changed there either.

It does appear that pressing enter when it poses the question "set a SS2 ink cartridge" would be the next step but it is frozen and all buttons are unresponsive.

I'm considering pulling the battery to hard reset the machine. The dates of the new cartridges vs the old may be spread too far apart, I'm guessing here.

Last edited: