• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160SP IO Board Problem ?

Wintersun

Firstly, someone deleted my thread ! :banghead:
And active thread that i was awaiting an answer on.

I was asking if the IO board on the JV 160SP may have been the key to my constant ink cartridge errors.
My mimaki never reads the chips, no matter what type of chip its presented with, i have replaced the mainboard and still it will not read my ink chips. only giving me NON ORIGINAL INKS message and no ink levels, instead of the usual 1-9 ink level all i get is -

I just want to know if the IO board is where the ink chip readers encode/decode the information from the ink chips, because if the io board is what processes this information it could be that the IO board is bad.

Again, chipemulator was going to reply to me, but the thread was vamooshed !

Thanks to anyone who can help.

inkmed

what is your chip version and your firmware versioin?
when firmware version higher than chip version, printer will give you NON ORIGINAL INK

what is your chip? permanent chip or one time use chip?
if one time use chip, except the firmware version, another reason may the chips are over date.
you can contact your ink suppler about it.

if permanent chips, manily reason of this problem is the firmware.
please check it.

good luck

Adam Yang from Inkmed