• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160sp Overspray Issues Solved for my case

Airborneltp

Long story short. My machine had alot of problems. Manifold broke on my magenta. Replaced it and i bumped a cable and fried my main board...Got it repaird from inkjetperformance and it works. Then i had a problem with my yellow head not firing both sides.... Visual inspection on the slider board and main board showed that my 2 inch wide ribbon cables were not fully seated. Seated those and started my machine and BAM it works.

Then i had an issue with overspray.... and im talking BAD overspray... Like 2 to 3 inches towards the pinch roller overspray. I did alignments, slant ajdustments, head height adjustments... i even replaced all ribbon cables and slider board and STILL had the same problem.

I got it very close with profiles and upping or lowering passes and it helped.... but did not fix my issue.... I tried the static issue and it seemed to help very little but i didnt rule it out....(eventually this was not the issue)

After a week or so of smashing my had on the platen i thought about the carriage.

I looked at the undercarriage and saw it wasnt very level.... not at all actually....

So i dropped the carraige on some crap material and leveled it out when i screwed it back in.....

Wouldnt you know.... i have NO OVERSRPAY ANYMORE AT ALL....

I thought id share this with you guys since there is literally 20-30 posts and replies to this same topic... trust me i looked and tried all the posible solutions provided.

Anyways i hope this helps for anyone!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good info! Thanks for sharing. That could save someone countless hours and thousands of dollars. Been there, done that.

Francis

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Long story short. My machine had alot of problems. Manifold broke on my magenta. Replaced it and i bumped a cable and fried my main board...Got it repaird from inkjetperformance and it works. Then i had a problem with my yellow head not firing both sides.... Visual inspection on the slider board and main board showed that my 2 inch wide ribbon cables were not fully seated. Seated those and started my machine and BAM it works.

Then i had an issue with overspray.... and im talking BAD overspray... Like 2 to 3 inches towards the pinch roller overspray. I did alignments, slant ajdustments, head height adjustments... i even replaced all ribbon cables and slider board and STILL had the same problem.

I got it very close with profiles and upping or lowering passes and it helped.... but did not fix my issue.... I tried the static issue and it seemed to help very little but i didnt rule it out....(eventually this was not the issue)

After a week or so of smashing my had on the platen i thought about the carriage.

I looked at the undercarriage and saw it wasnt very level.... not at all actually....

So i dropped the carraige on some crap material and leveled it out when i screwed it back in.....

Wouldnt you know.... i have NO OVERSRPAY ANYMORE AT ALL....

I thought id share this with you guys since there is literally 20-30 posts and replies to this same topic... trust me i looked and tried all the posible solutions provided.

Anyways i hope this helps for anyone!

Congrats..for solving the problem.. I also want to contribute my experience on the Mimaki printer:
- Spraying problem will also happen when you print on thin material but forgot to physically lower the print head (print head set high).
- Our problem is an opposit.. the print head scratch on the material surface a lot.. as it turn out the (aging printer) head was sagging down. We have to rise the carriage bar up and the problem is solved..
KT

Airborneltp

glad I could help somewhat....

I am however still having a problem with my sensor detecting media.... because it doesn't do that at all

DirtyD

I had a lot of the same issues as you with main board, overspraying not as bad and adjustments.. Thanks for the info on how you solved yours..

And mine... I have no heat that I print with... surprising thing is my prints turn out great still....lol..