• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160SP Print Head Replacement - Help Needed!

JSNGraphics

I just replaced the head of my yellow and cyan and need to know how to do a few things. One, enter the serial number into the printer. Align the printhead since it is spraying a little past where it should be. I printed a test print and it has yellow and cyan showing up around the edges (if that makes any sense). How would I adjust that?

genericname

LOCAL > Function > #Adjust > #HeadID

Adjustment should be done manually first, and when you've found a spot that doesn't overlap onto other areas of the test pattern, run an alignment from inside the #Adjust menu, at "PRN.adjust2".

JSNGraphics

LOCAL > Function > #Adjust > #HeadID

Adjustment should be done manually first, and when you've found a spot that doesn't overlap onto other areas of the test pattern, run an alignment from inside the #Adjust menu, at "PRN.adjust2".

How do I do a manual alignment?

genericname

How do I do a manual alignment?

Everybody will have a different way that works for them, but I try to eyeball it best to make sure the head is as centred as possible, do a test print, loosen the front Allen screw, adjust, test print, repeat. The software adjust will only do so much, so you should start from a place that's as aligned as possible.

JSNGraphics

Everybody will have a different way that works for them, but I try to eyeball it best to make sure the head is as centred as possible, do a test print, loosen the front Allen screw, adjust, test print, repeat. The software adjust will only do so much, so you should start from a place that's as aligned as possible.

IMG_20140820_160930_419.jpg

If you take a look at this photo, you will see that the cyan/yellow prints are slightly off. I've adjusted the print head as far as it will go, now its time to adjust it electronically. How would I go about doing that?
Thanks,
JSNGraphics

JSNGraphics

Okay,
So i've done the mechanical alignment. I've got it printing correctly up and down, but its still firing late from left to right. Is there a way to electronically change the heads firing rate?
Thanks,
JSNGraphics

IntegritySign

Please Share

Following your Thread how did you fix it?

I just replaced my Yellow head and it only seems like half of it is working.

The half that is not working is spraying a solid stripe as wide as the head all the way from the capping station across the media start strip and on top of all of the test pattern??? Any Help would be great!

Thanks!
Mike

GTSTech_1

The half that is not working is spraying a solid stripe as wide as the head all the way from the capping station across the media start strip and on top of all of the test pattern??? Any Help would be great!

Thanks!
Mike

Check your ribbon cable connections.....aka printhead cables.....1 side isn't making full contact, thus the 1 inch wide streak of color.

My .02

GTSTech_1

fabiocrummy

Thanks!
Mike

I'm sorry Mike your yellow printhead is probably damaged, if it isn't, you have some problem with the flat cable, check if it is righly connected to the printhead and if it have some ink drops on the contacts. For my esperience your printhead could be damaged (90% of the cases like yours)

Hope for the cable being the issue; there's also a good chance that this is the result of Main Board damage. If one of the Head Driving Transistors is shorted then a constant signal will be send to the Head, like you're describing.

Check the quality and connection of the cables and if that doesn't solve it, switch their position with another head to see if the problem moves or stays in the same place.

If the board is damaged it can be repaired but you'd be without it for several days.