• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3 160SP Printhead serial number

GregS

Hello,
motherboard of our Mimaki have a problem. I want to change it but i dont have
serial numbers of printheads. I cant enter in menu on the broken motherboard because
it blocks at the beginning notyfing ERROR 07. It is any possibility to discover printhead serial number?
Any help will be appreciated...
Greg

GregS

I know, one is bad.
I have also burned slider board and motherboard.
But the other 3 printheads are ok and i want to reuse them.
So i need serial numbers that i dont have...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm guessing you are talking about the head rank numbers. If they are not on a small sticker on the print heads (possibly underneath the sticker on another sticker) then there is no way of getting them. If you do not have them then just use the old head rank numbers. It will still work....

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I know, one is bad.
I have also burned slider board and motherboard.
But the other 3 printheads are ok and i want to reuse them.
So i need serial numbers that i dont have...

Error 07 have no relationship with serial number, you need repair slider board and mainboard first.
Because bad boards may damage others head.

Brent

jaki514

I do have used motherboard and sliderboard for sale. mamaki jv3 sp model. let me know if you interested.

MikePro

Error 07 can also come with issues anywhere between sliderboard>ribbon cable>printhead ribbon cable slot
including:
*bent ribbon cable, causing crease, causing wires to become severed
*improperly inserted ribbon cable (very common, if you are unfamiliar)
*bent prongs inside the ribbon cable slots on either sliderboard/printhead
*dripping ink into ribbon cable slot @ printhead (most common, as the ribbons have channels that are really good at trickling a drop of ink down into the connection....bridging wires and frying the printhead). If you had disconnected your dampers recently and/or removed printhead.... I bet it would be this

that being said, it takes a LOT to fry a motherboard. chances are, your issue lies with one of the above stated.
before replacing motherboard, try replacing ALL of your ribbon cables with new ones. (properly, of course, by powering-down & discharging your machine)
...it might even be worth buying 1-2 printheads to have handy as well.