• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-160SP prints but no image

MattD

Hi,

Have a JV3-160SP here, up until last friday was printing fine, come in tuesday morning and went to print and there was no image. Everything works as
it should, it acts like it is printing but nothing appears on the vinyl. Nothing has been changed just switched it off friday evening and over the weekend it did
its usual cleaning cycle, turned it on tuesday morning and that was that.

I've done all the strong cleans, nozzel washes, cleaned everything and finally ran a full wash through with the cleaning cartridges but still will not print anything
whatsoever. I thought if it was blocked it would at least print something.

Not sure where to go from here myself as the next step is a callout but as i'm sure you are aware this is not cheap!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is possible that the encoder sensor has failed or shorted out. Normally on JV3s you don't see all of the heads stop printing at once unless it is that. It could be a blown main board but usually it only affects one head or you get streaking.

MattD

The main board was replaced a while ago, something blew. It is literally a case of it prints but absolutely no ink is put down on the vinyl, not even from a test draw.

It does however put ink down when the cassette catches on a bit of ruffled vinyl so there is ink coming through.

chitown928

try taking a air canister behind the head assembly...perhaps a lint ball got lodge between the encoder and encoder reader